Position: Police Officer
Department: Police Department | Type: Full Time
The Andrews Police Department needs you. If you have the drive and determination, you’ll find endless opportunities to help build a stronger community.
- HS graduate or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen
- Age 21
- A valid NC Driver’s License
- Vision corrected to 20/20 and cannot be colorblind
- Protects life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Patrols assigned areas
- Responds to calls for police service
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up criminal and traffic investigations
- Conducts interviews
- Prepares written reports and field notes of investigations and patrol activities
- Apprehends criminals and testifies in court
- Hiring bonus up to $2,000
- Take-home car
- Free health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) pension plan
- State law enforcement officer (LEO) retirement
- Uniforms and equipment furnished
- Family health plans available
Starting salary for certified officers: $41,495. Pay based on experience.
ADA and Other Requirements
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Working conditions: Work is performed in both the field and in an indoor office environment with moderate exposure to atmospheric conditions (such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.); moderate exposure to environmental conditions (such as disruptive people, imminent danger, or a threatening environment); and frequent exposure to intense noise. Work requires extensive contact with outside agencies and the general public.
Note: This job classification description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
The Town of Andrews is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. The Town of Andrews is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
For more information about the Andrews Police Department, please call (828) 321-9814.
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at town hall: 188 Main Street, Andrews, NC 28901. Or click “apply for this position” below to download application and email to Chief Rocky Burrell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Chief Rocky BurrellApply for this Position
« Back to Human Resources