Department: Recreation | Type: Full Time
Provide stewardship and maintenance of the Andrews Recreation Park lands, facilities, and community infrastructure park system grounds and structures. Provide leadership, direction, and general administrative oversight to the park’s employees responsible for the development, maintenance and operation of the recreation park. Work involves significant community engagement and public involvement with elected officials, other policy makers, and citizens. Serving as a member of the Town’s senior management, collaborates with the Administrator and other Town departments on strategy and policy to ensure that the Town’s mission and core values are incorporated into operational activities and services.
1. Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental and accepted
practices in Recreation and Pools operations and administration.
2. First-hand knowledge of budgets, capital improvement projects, and alternative funding sources.
3. Ability to assess goals and strategies and hold staff accountable to ensure successful implementation and completion of goals and objectives.
4. Experience in management, leadership, and the supervision of staff.
5. Knowledge in Microsoft Word & Excel along with Website and Social Media Applications.
6. Training and experience in Customer Service.
7. Obtain/maintain a valid NC driver’s license.
8. Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, public administration, program management or a related field is preferred. Experience in park and recreation development, maintenance, operation and oversight of employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage and provide leadership for all facilities and staff members of the Recreation Department.
2. Design and implement recreational programs in specified facilities to include both summer and winter recreation programs.
3. Complete and maintain budgets for each facility and recreation program.
4. Establish rules and regulations for recreation programs and facilities.
5. Interview, hire, train and schedule full-time, part-time, temporary and seasonal employees.
6. Provide overall direction, coordination, evaluation and appraising performance, along with rewarding and disciplining employees.
7. Ability to multi-task and have good organization skills.
8. Administrate a broad area of recreational, fitness and aquatics activities.
9. Work cooperatively with youth, adult and all other organizations in the community.
10. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Town of Andrews’ policies and procedures.
11. Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings and weekends depending on season and activities.
12. Develop advertising, marketing and promotional materials for recreation/fitness/aquatics and facilities.
13. Distribute program information to the community
14. Knowledge and ability to perform maintenance on park land, equipment, pool, and facilities.
15. Oversee all daily financial operations regarding all facilities and programs.
16. Public speaking.
17. Perform all purchases for Recreation Department and facilities, including keeping the Pool concession stand stocked with inventory.
18. Attend educational seminars, conferences, etc. as assigned.
19. Work with social media and website applications.
20. Evaluate all employees during probation and annually per Town’s Administrative Policy
21. Code all bills for payment.
22. Prepare budget reports as required.
23. Fundraising and small grant writing.
24. Attend Town Board meetings as required.
25. Communicate with Public Works Director regarding Parks budgeting and park facility management.
26. Addressing complaints and resolve problems.
27. Liaison to Park and Recreation Board
28. Perform other duties and tasks as deemed necessary and/or assigned.
Town Of Andrews is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace
Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetics or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability. U.S. law requires all applicants to furnish proof of identity and right to work in the U.S.
Employment Applications may be obtained in person at Andrews Town Hall, 1101 Main Street, and Andrews NC 28901 or
through the Town of Andrews website, HERE or by contacting the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Sandy DobsonApply for this Position
« Back to Human Resources