CONSULTING ENGINEERING AND GRANT ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2022, AT 5:00 P.M.
The Town of Andrews is soliciting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified consultants to provide engineering and grant administration services for a Water Transmission Line Replacement Project.
The Town owns and operates a water distribution system under identification number NC0120020. The system supplies drinking water to its customers from a 2.0 MGD surface water treatment plant (WTP). Water from the WTP is delivered to the distribution system through approximately 4,500 linear feet (LF) of 16-inch asbestos cement and ductile iron transmission main. Due to its age and deteriorated condition, the Town intends to replace this line with new ductile iron piping (DIP) with an American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant in the amount of $2,080,300.00 and a State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan of $250,397.00.
Firms and individuals interested in providing these services should submit seven (7) hard copies of an SOQ meeting the requirements of this request to:
The Town of Andrews
1101 Main Street
Andrews, North Carolina 28901
Please direct any questions to James Reid, Mayor, at email@example.com.
B. Scope of Services
The scope of services for the project may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Preparation of a detailed engineering and environmental report.
2. Preparation of design drawings and technical specifications.
3. Assistance with regulatory submittals for all required federal, state, and local permits.
4. Assistance with a competitive bidding process to select a construction contractor.
5. Furnishing construction administration and field inspection during the construction phase of the project.
6. Assistance with grant administration to meet requirements of the ARPA and SRF programs.
C. Proposal Requirements
All interested firms should submit the following minimum information to be considered for this project.
1. Firm name, address, telephone numbers and year established.
2. Names of principals of the firm and states in which they are registered.
3. Types of services customarily provided by the firm.
4. Name and resume of key personnel to be assigned to this project.
5. Names of outside consultants, if any, who would be retained to provide services required for this project.
6. Brief description of the firm’s experience with similar North Carolina projects over the past ten years.
The SOQ shall be limited to no more than 20 physical pages, excluding front and back covers and a table of contents. To be considered, firms shall be appropriately licensed in the State of North Carolina. All qualification statements become the property of the Town of Andrews upon submission, and the cost of preparing and submitting a qualification statement is the sole expense of the consultant.
D. Evaluation Criteria
Qualifications Statements will be reviewed and evaluated by the Mayor and other designated Town employees and elected officials in accordance with the following criteria. Factors are listed in their order of relative importance. The Town of Andrews intends to select the firm best qualified to perform the services at attempt to negotiate appropriate compensation for the level of services desired.
1. Familiarity with the Town’s water system (20 points).
2. General qualifications, reputation, and competence of the firm (20 points).
3. Prior experience of the firm on similar projects (20 points).
4. Qualifications of staff assigned to the project (20 points).
5. Availability of the staff to perform required services (20 points).